Dedicated to urban artists and urban culture professionals, the objectives for the EU-Music are to:
1. Increase exchange between artists, urban culture performers, companies, organizations, institutions and media in Europe and rise the awareness of the European Urban Music scene.
2. Create a platform to develop and promote European Urban Music locally and internationally.
3. Support and encourage urban music creativity through educational workshops, conferences and panels.
4. Reward the best European and international artists through the upcoming EU-Music Awards. By creating the EU-Music Awards the long-term goal is to establish a higher value for European acts world-wide.
5. Create debate and work together to enhance the visibility of European Urban artists in european media.
Europe has a huge capacity in terms of urban culture. At the moment, there is little knowledge about different local scenes and few European Urban artists have achieved international success. By organizing this forum and building bridges between the different local urban scenes throughout Europe to create an awareness of the quality of European Urban Music, EU-Music aim at developing the European Urban Music scene and promoting it throughout Europe as well as internationally.
The goal of this movement is to open doors for individual artists and culture performers and to create a fruitful environment for companies and institutions working with urban music-, film- and entertainment. By acknowledging outstanding talents and rewarding some of the best actors, the goal also is to strengthen the value of European Urban Culture.
The long-term vision is to form a united market for European Urban Music and related activities, and to increase its value, in order to achieve international success.